Ostrich is the softest and most comfortable of the "exotic" leathers. It wears well and resists scratching and scuffing - a combination of saftness and toughness. Ostrich is naturally resistant to barnyard acid.
- Keep your leather products free from dust by storing in a protective cloth bag.
- Do not sotre in a plastic bag as leather needs to "breath"
- Should the product accumulate some dust or debris just wipe with a clean, damp cloth.
- Never use any soap or detergent to clean the product.
- Do not store in direct sunlight or under sharp artificial light.
- Avoid storing in a damp closet, environment should be cool but dry.
- Do not allow cosmetics, perfumes or hand creams to come in contact with the leather.
- Any accidental oil stains should immediately be treated with talcum powder which should absorb the oil and draw most of it out of the product.
- Do not over fill your product as leather will stretch, but will not return to its original shape.
- Overfilling also puts stress on the stitching and will cause damage in the long term.
- Do not use any chemicals such as scotch guard products unless tested and approved.
- Should you wish to "feed" the leather by using a leather cream, first test it on a inconspicuous area to make sure it does not discolour the leather.
- Should your product get wet, do not dry with heat. Let the product dry slowly under natural circumstances.
- As with any product the thread used will deteriorate over time causing breakage of the stitching, this is normal wear and tear.
VERY IMPORTANT - Any genuine leather product will age with time. In other words it will change colour and get a character of its own during normal use. Take care of your Leather product and it will last a life time.
Caring for your leather products will ensure that they remain supple and will increase their durability.
The beauty of Ostirch Leather can be enjoyed for many years if these simple guidelines are used - enjoy using your product!